The following is information about Drummond Elementary, its staff and students. Find out why Pattonville is a great place to live and learn by looking through basic information and some of the achievements for which the district is noted.
Pattonville is fully accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and has earned Missouri’s Distinction in Performance Award for academic performance - 11 consecutive years; Pattonville is the most diverse district in Missouri to achieve Distinction in Performance every year it has been bestowed.
Drummond Elementary Statistics
Grades served: PreK-5
2011-2012 enrollment: 594
Number of certified staff: 49
Number of support staff: 26
Staff’s average years of teaching experience: 10
Staff with advanced degrees: 71%
• During school: Junior PALS, Lunch Bunch, Trash Talkers, Chess Club Counseling Support Groups and OASIS tutoring
• After school: Tutoring Club, Trash Talkers, Math Club, DTV (Drummond TV), Chess Club, Ecology Club, fifth-grade cheerleaders,
• Family Activities: PTO Movie Nights, TV Turn-Off Week, ELL (English Language Learner) International Family Picnics, ELL International Family Reading Nights, ELL Game Nights, ELL International Thanksgiving, Chili Supper/Challenge, Bingo Night, Dads for Donuts, Moms for Muffins, Pictures with Santa and Drummond Idol.
• Drummond supported its efforts to improve student achievement by holding its daily Reading Blitz for kindergarten through Grade 5. The blitz is a way to instruct students in communication arts. Students and staff work in small groups on reading strategies to increase both reading comprehension and fluency.
• Drummond has a high percentage of teachers with Promethean smart board technology in their classrooms.
• During the 2011-2012 school year, Drummond is working to enhance opportunities to engage families in the life of the school.
• 5,509 students enrolled in Grades K-12 in 2011-2012 school year
• 246 students were served by Pattonville’s school-based preschool program and the Pattonville Learning Center preschool
• Average elementary class size is 20; class sizes remain at or better than the state’s desirable standards
• 95% average daily attendance
• 8% in Grades K-12 receive gifted education services
• 15.5% receive special education services
• 43% of students qualify for free or reduced lunches
• Our students are a reflection of St. Louis’ global society: 57% white, 31% black, 7% Hispanic, 5% Asian
Click here to download the Pattonville Points of Pride newsletter.
Click here to download the Patonville School District Annual Report.